At HomeGenie, we believe in providing fair, transparent and value for money pricing to our Users. As maintenance is an activity which involves a number of variables depending upon location, home type, choice of materials, diagnosis of the issue, etc. we don’t believe in always fixing prices, on the HomeGenie Platform, for the sake of fixing them, using unnecessary assumptions, to cover price risks, thereby making our Users pay more. However, to ensure convenience, we try to provide fixed pricing wherever it’s really possible and for services where it does not undermine our Value for Money principle.
The HomeGenie Platform is setup to provide 3 type of services - fixed price, inspection based and survey based. By using the HomeGenie Platform you agree that you have read and understood the following definitions and terms related to the Pricing Policy.
- Standard Working Hours. HomeGenie standard working hours are from 8 am to 6 pm Saturday to Thursday. All other timings are considered outside working hours.
- Service Type. The type of service is determined by the HomeGenie Platform by the service or issue that the User chooses at the time of booking.
- Inspection Based Service.Services where we need to inspect and diagnose a problem before we could provide an estimate. There is a Call-Out charge applicable to this kind of service e.g. AC repair.
- Fixed Price Service. Services where prices are fixed based on what information the customer provides as part of the booking e.g. AC service, cleaning, etc.
- Survey Based Service. Services where we have to visit and get requirements and/or measurements from the User before providing an estimate e.g. custom furniture fabrication.
- Service Priority.A priority of the Service is selected by the User at the time of the booking to provide the urgency of the service needed by the User.
- Emergency Service. Services which require attending to within 2 hours of the booking. Limited services are available as an Emergency service on the HomeGenie Platform and also have an Emergency charge applicable. Emergency Service are also open 24x7. HomeGenie platform tries to search for an available Genie, from our partner network, in real-time, to either assign or apologize within 15 minutes, if there are any availability issues.
- Same Day Service. Services which can possibly be attended to in the same day, no specific time preference. No additional charge is applicable for this type of service.
- Scheduled Service. Services which are booked 24 hours in advance and are confirmed bookings, for the day/time of User booking. The Genie assigned to the booking is shared with the User, at the earliest.
- Call-out charges. A call-out charges is a minimum charge that includes one hour of labor to inspect and diagnose the issue or/and perform minor repairs, if time permits. It applies to Inspection Based Services.
- Labor charges. Charges for labor that is required to complete the service as determined from the inspection and as discussed and agreed with the User through the estimate bill. Charges like call-out are also included in the Labor charges.
- Material charges. Charges for materials (and consumables) that are required to complete the service as determined from the inspection and as discussed and agreed with the User through the estimate bill.
- Service Charges. Charges that are calculated for fixed price services and do not include separate labor and material charges. There is a starting price for the fixed price services which is called the Minimum Service Charges or Starts at Price.
- Survey Charges.Charges to conduct a survey. It is AED 0 in most cases.
- Friday Charges. Additional charges that are applicable for bookings on Friday, which is a public holiday or weekend in the UAE.
- Emergency Charges. Additional charges that are applicable for emergency service bookings.
- Cancellation Charges. Charges applicable on cancellation of services by the User if the cancellation takes place in the short time remaining before the booking visit date/ time.
- Total Amount. Total amount that will be charged for the job. When Total Amount shows “To be Decided”, it means that the Total Amount is yet to be finalized based on the Estimate provided by an Inspection or Survey
- VAT. Value Added Tax (VAT) is applied to the Total Amount and displayed at the completion of the job when all the charges have been agreed and displayed on the User side. The current VAT charges are calculated at 5% of the Total Amount.
- Due Amount. Amount outstanding and due to be paid by the User.
- Advance Payment. Payment to be made by the User at the time in advance before service could be commenced. Advance payment is generally charged for bookings which require procurement of parts and materials.
- Payment Method. Users can make a payment via cash or credit/ debit card using our secure payment gateway set-up up on the HomeGenie website and mobile apps.
- Payment Plan.It includes payment either UPON COMPLETION or ADVANCE for bookings where payments need to be made in advance, to procure material and parts.
- By the User. In case the User is unable to be present at the time of the booking or wants the service at another time he/she can reschedule the service by calling the Genie assigned to the booking and agreeing a mutually agreeable day/ time. It should be noted that rescheduling, especially close to the date/ time of the booking, might not be always possible and in such a situation, the job will need to be cancelled and booked again by the User, with payment of any cancellation charges, if applicable. In case of any difficulties, Users can always call HomeGenie Support on 04-4489595 for assistance.
- By the HomeGenie Team.There are sometimes situations which are out of the control of our teams and may require us to reschedule a booking. We will call a customer, apologize, explain the situation and request for a rescheduled date and time, or if instructed by the customer cancel the booking, without charging any cancellation charges.
- By the User. A User should cancel a booking by calling HomeGenie or through the mobile app.
- For Scheduled Service.No cancellation fees is applicable if the Genie has not been assigned for a Scheduled booking, before User cancels. Also, if the User cancels 24 hours before the booking date/ time then there is no cancellation charge, however, even if the Genie is assigned.
- For Inspection Based Service. If the cancellation happens in less than 24 hours before booking visit date/ time then a cancellation charge of 50% is applied.
- For Fixed Price Service. If the cancellation happens in less than 24 hours before booking visit date/ time then a cancellation charge of 25% is applied.
- For Survey Based Service. If the cancellation happens in less than 24 hours before booking visit date/ time then no cancellation charge is applied. Also, because Survey charges are mostly AED 0.
- For Emergency Service. No cancellation fees is applicable if the Genie has not been assigned for an Emergency booking, before User cancels. If the Genie was assigned before the cancellation, then a total of 100% of the booking amount is charged as cancellation fees.
- For Same Day Service. No cancellation fees is applicable if the Genie has not been assigned for a Same day booking, before User cancels. If the Genie was assigned before the cancellation, then a total of 100% of the booking amount is charged as cancellation fees.
- Cancellation charges are applied to only Labor Charges and Service Charges only and not on Emergency or Friday charges. Also, PROMO code is not included or used up as part of the Cancellation Charge calculation.
- A grace period of 1 hour is given for Scheduled Inspection Based Service for cancellation, and no charge will be applicable even if a Genie is assigned.
- By HomeGenie team. No cancellation of service is possible by the HomeGenie team. A reschedule is however possible upon agreement with the User by calling over a phone.
- By Cash Cash payments are allowed on the HomeGenie platform.
- By Debit or Credit Card Card payments are allowed on the HomeGenie platform.
- By Account Transfer or Cheque Only on very rare cases we accept cheques or account transfers. HomeGenie Support team will be able to provide you required details for the same.
- Upon completion of a scheduled service, if the materials installed or supplied by HomeGenie breaks down or has other technical/ mechanical or any workmanship issues, within 7 calendar days of the service, there will be a one-time free visit to fix the issue.
- If, however, the mechanical or technical issue persists after the repair again within 7 calendar days, the User may ask for a full refund (not exceeding the value of the applicable service). An investigation will be initiated for such an issue to achieve a mutually agreeable position within a maximum of 21 calendar days.
- All refunds will be done only through account transfer.
- A PROMOCODE is associated with promotional discount or offers. A promotional code (or PROMOCODE) provided by the HomeGenie team which may be redeemed through the HomeGenie Platform while making a service booking.